Friday 28 October 2016

Traveler's Notebook Spreads | Felicity Jane Studio

Hello!

I'm super excited to be sharing my first project using the Felicity Jane October Emeline kit! Take a look at all the goodies that you get in this kit...


I absolutely adore the colours... it's all soooo pretty!

I created a traveler's notebook spread using the kit...


I'm loving using my traveler's notebook to document all of the little things that my youngest daughter and I do together during the week! How sweet is this photo of her playing in our backyard!

Here are a couple of closeups...


I layered some strips of patterned paper across the page and then added my photo on the left-hand side. I created a little cluster on the bottom left hand corner of the photo using a sticker from the cut-apart sheet and a couple of enamel dots. I also tucked a cute little tag under the top of the photo. I finished off the left hand side of the layout with some stamping, using a stamp from the Emeline stamp set. How awesome are the stamp sets that come in the kits!?!


I LOVE that 'Happy' banner that comes on the sticker sheet, and it worked perfectly for this spread! I added one of the cute little puffy stickers underneath the banner, as well as another enamel dot. I finished the layout off with some journaling and the date.

I still have quite a few goodies left over from my September kit (there's seriously so much good stuff in these kits!), so I've created an additional traveler's notebook spread to share with you today using the September Felicity kit!


This page documents a week when my little one was not feeling so well. All she wanted to do was snuggle with me on the lounge. She even fell asleep on me, which she doesn't usually do, so I made the most of the cuddles. Although most of my traveler's notebook spreads will document all of the fun that we have together, I also want to document some of the not-so-happy times, because this is part of real life.

Here are some closeups of this spread...


I wanted to keep the left hand side of the layout uncluttered in order to keep the focus on the photo and journaling. I cut a heart out of one of the patterned papers and then simply added a little phrase and a flower sticker, which I popped up on some foam tape to create dimension.


I layered one of the acetate pieces from the kit behind my photo, as well as a tag which was one of the September subscriber printables. On the bottom right hand corner of the photo I added a flair button and a little word sticker from the cut apart sheet, which had the perfect phrase for this spread.


I finished the layout off with a few lines of journaling, and then I added one of the patterned paper branding strips across the bottom of the pages.

Thanks so much for joining me on my blog and taking a look at my traveler's notebook spreads! Make sure you keep an eye on the Felicity Jane blog for lots of inspiration from the whole Creative Team!

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment