Thursday 1 October 2015

Stuck?! Sketches October 1st DT Reveal

Hi there!

It's time for a new sketch challenge at Stuck?! Sketches! I am so thrilled to be able to stay on the Stuck?! design team for another term as I absolutely love creating with Laura's awesome sketches! So lets take a look at the latest sketch...


As soon as I saw the large chevron/arrows on this sketch it made me think of some Heidi Swapp papers that I have been hoarding for about a year! So it was the perfect excuse to pull them out and finally put them to good use!

Here is my layout inspired by the sketch...

"Happy Together"


How sweet are these photos of my husband with our daughter Eleanor?!! They both just love each other so much and they have such a special Daddy/daughter bond.

After playing around with the placement of my title for a little while, I decided to move it into the middle of the layout to create a vertical design, and I really like how this ended up.

Here are a couple of closeups...


To the left of my photos I've included a flair and a pink flower, both from D-lish Scraps, and I've added some tangled thread under the flair for some added texture. To the right of my photos I've included anther flower and a Heidi Swapp heart. I've also tucked a doily under the layers at the top right corner. The pretty pink and gold banner above the photos is from Pinkfresh Studios.


I usually like to hand write my journalling, but this time I decided to type it and cut it up into strips. I think this gives the layout a cleaner look. For my title I fussy cut the word 'happy' from one of the patterned papers, and I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the word 'together'. I mounted the second word up with some foam tape, and I love how this really adds dimension to the page.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll pop on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog and take a look at the gorgeous layouts created by the new design team! We would love you to play along with us by creating a layout inspired by this sketch and linking it up on the Stuck?! Sketches blog by October 29th! The randomly chosen winners will receive a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:



Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you for any comments that you leave also - I do appreciate them and love reading them! I would also like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Laura for inviting me to stay on for another term with Stuck?! Sketches. I hope that I can continue to inspire the Stuck?! followers with my layouts!

Mandy

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the photos!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, love the positioning of the journalling and title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...what a sweet page!

    ReplyDelete