Thursday 22 October 2015

D-lish Scraps Design Team Layout - This is what it's all about

Hi again everyone!

I'm back today to share another one of my D-lish design team layouts with you.

"This is what it's all about"


I created this layout for Krisy's challenge over in The Scrap Suite. Are you a member of our Facebook group The Scrap Suite yet?? There is lots of awesome inspiration happening over there and we have four Cybercrop challenges running each month. Come on over and join us if you haven't already!! October Cybercrop kicked off on Friday night and this is the challenge that Krisy has set...


What a great challenge - white space!! Do you find white space challenging?? I think I'm getting better at incorporating white space into my layouts, but I must say I found it hard to leave the entire right hand side of my layout blank!! But never fear, I still managed to include lots of D-lish goodies onto my layout!!

I started my layout off by applying some watered down Distress Inks to my background. I just wanted a subtle watercolour look. I then adhered a strip of patterned paper down the left hand side of my layout with the ink peeking out from under the patterned paper. I matted my photo with a few layers of patterned paper, bringing in a couple of different shades of green. I then diecut some leaves from white cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo and arranged them vertically down the page. Then I was ready to start embellishing!!

Lets take a look at some closeups...


At the top of my layout I added a wood veneer heart that was included in a previous Just Add Paper Kit. I like how the raw wood veneer adds a natural element to the page. I also added a word strip from the Boy oh Boy Wordfetti pack and I attached a natural wooden peg to the top of my photo.


Tucked under the right hand side of my photo is a dip dye tag. I LOVE these!!! As soon as Amanda added these to the store, I knew that I would NEED them!! I attached a Freckled Fawn Short Arrow Clip to the tag - these are just so cute and come in lots of different colours! I also added a couple of enamel dots and another wood veneer heart to the right of the photo.


Underneath the photo I've added a flair button from the Weathered Wood set with some tangled thread underneath for some added texture. I also added a couple more word strips from the Everyday Moments and the Boy oh Boy Wordfetti sheets (I use these on nearly all my layouts recently - they are awesome!!). A couple more enamel dots added the finishing touch to my layout!

Thank you so much for joining me today - I hope that you enjoyed looking at my layout! I will be back tomorrow with one final D-lish share for the month... it's something a little different, so I hope you'll pop by to take a look! In the meantime, pop on over to The Scrap Suite and check out the Cybercrop challenges for some more inspiration!

Mandy

2 comments: