Wednesday 15 November 2017

Cherish This | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Today I have a new layout to share with you featuring the gorgeous Bohemian Dream collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio! This week the design team are all sharing layouts that focus on either pink or blue, and I'm loving the projects that have been shared on the blog so far! Personally I don't really have a preference between pink and blue - I love creating with both - it really just depends on the mood that I'm in and the photos that I'm scrapbooking! This time I was in the mood to create a girly layout, so I focused on the beautiful pinks within the Bohemian Dream collection!


I documented a recent photo of my youngest daughter, Eleanor, playing with her new baby doll that she got for her birthday. She loves taking care of her baby by feeding her, and changing her nappy, and getting her dressed. I love seeing that nurturing side to her, and so I wanted to scrapbook this photo to document that. (I'm planning to add my journaling to the back of the layout, because I couldn't find a spot where I would be happy with the placement of it.)

I started my layout off by adding some paint to the background, and then I laid a cut file over the top. I backed some of the hearts in the cut file with papers from the 6x6 paper pad as well as the Beautiful Mess patterned paper. The smaller patterns on the 6x6 papers made them perfect for backing the cut file! I also used the Bohemian Dream clear stamps to fill in some of the open spaces in the cut file.


Behind my photo I added some layers using a couple more of the 6x6 papers, and I also added some foam tape underneath it to give the photo some extra dimension, and separate it from the background.


I'm loving the chipboard titles in this collection! I combined one of the little phrase stickers from the accessory sticker sheet with a chipboard word to create the title 'cherish this'. I also added one of the pretty die cut flowers and some leaves to the right of the title.


I created a second cluster of embellishments up in the top left hand corner of the page that includes a die cut flower, a chipboard bird, and a little word sticker. If you love using pink on your projects, you'll find lots of pretty pink embellishments in the Bohemian Dream collection!


I added another little cluster down in the bottom left hand corner of the page to create a third point of interest (and to complete the visual triangle). This one includes a beautiful flair button and a banner from the die cut ephemera pack.

If you'd like to see how this page came together, you can check out my process video...


Thanks so much for joining me on my blog today! Maybe you've been inspired to create a 'pink' layout too!

Mandy x

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Can you please tell me the name of the paint colour? thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The paint that I used was Dylusions Peony Blush.

      Delete