Sunday 15 October 2017

Dream | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Today I'm so excited to be sharing my first layout using the brand new Cocoa Vanilla Studio Bohemian Dream collection! I absolutely love this beautiful collection... especially the dreamy colours, and the gorgeous florals! It's so pretty and feminine! This week on the blog the design team have all been sharing projects that showcase each of their 'signature styles', and today I'll be wrapping up this feature! I documented a photo of my eldest daughter Abi that I took when she was about 3 1/2 years old... Nearly 10 years ago! I love her beautiful smile in this photo, and the colours worked perfectly with this collection!


I included lots of my go-to techniques on this layout. If you take a look at my past layouts, you'll notice that they usually include most of these things...

White cardstock background 
Dimension (using foam tape) 
Embellishment clusters 
Visual triangles 
White space 
Layering 
Typed journaling 

I started my layout off by adding strips of the Abundant patterned paper (both the A-side and the B-side) down the left and right hand sides of the layout. I think this is probably my favourite paper in the collection... I can't go past a good floral! I used a border punch to add some detail to the strips. I then added some layers behind behind my photo using the Dreamer and the Gypsy Heart patterned papers (both reverse sides), as well as a die cut frame, and a doily from my stash. I also added some foam tape underneath the photo to lift it up and give it some dimension!


I created a pretty floral cluster on the bottom left hand corner of the photo using flowers from the die cut ephemera pack. How pretty are these colours?!! I used a word from the chipboard sticker sheet as the title for my layout, and layered this on top of the flowers. I also tucked a flair button into the cluster as well.


I created a smaller cluster down in the bottom right hand corner of the page to balance out the heaviness in the top half of the layout. This one includes both die cuts and vellum accents.


To create a third point of interest on the layout, I tucked a die cut tab and a vellum flower under the right hand side of the photo. You can also see here that I added a sticker and a strip of typed journaling underneath the photo.


I finished the layout off with a few enamel hearts and some stamping using the gorgeous new clear stamp set.

Thanks so much for joining me on my blog today! I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my layout and you've been inspired to have a play with the beautiful 'Bohemian Dream' collection!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment