Saturday 9 May 2015

Isn't She Lovely - The Studio Challenges Blog

Hello!

Today I'm popping in to share a layout that I created for the current challenge at The Studio Challenges blog. The challenge is to be Inspired by a Song - Choose a song a take inspiration from the title or lyrics.

I wanted to scrap a photo of our baby girl Eleanor, and the first song that came to mind was Isn't she Lovely by Stevie Wonder. Here's my layout...

"Isn't she Lovely"


I love this photo of my hubby and I with our new baby girl - my 10 year old daughter snapped it for us just before we headed home from hospital!

The lyrics of this song were just perfect for this layout - they put into words exactly how I was feeling when the photo was taken! I usually hand write my journalling, but I decided that because I was using song lyrics for my journalling that I would print it instead. Here's a closeup...


I included just the first two verses of the song. I did change one word in the lyrics to make it more applicable to the photo... where it says "Less than one minute old" I changed to "Less than one week old".

Here are some more closeups of my layout...


I created the word 'Lovely' using a Silhouette cut file and mounted it with some foam tape to give it some height and dimension. The little letter stickers are ones that I've had for a very long time, I think they are Making Memories.


I just love this clear acetate butterfly by Heidi Swapp - it came in a pack of Ephemera from the Dreamy collection, and sadly I think I've used up all of the butterflies now! The purple flower here is from Prima and the wood veneer arrow is WOW.


Here I've used a selection of stickers and die cuts from different manufacturers... The 'Sweetheart' sticker is from Grant Studios (which I mounted with foam tape), the heart is from Bella Blvd, and the bird cage is a Kaisercraft die cut. The doily and the sequins are from D-Lish Scraps. I also popped some tangled thread in behind this cluster to add some different texture.


And one final closeup of the main area.

I also used a sketch designed by Laura Whitaker for Scrapmuch? as inspiration for my layout design...


(This challenge has now closed but I really liked this sketch and wanted to use it anyway!)

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today, and also for the lovely comments!

I hope that all of the Mums out there celebrating Mothers Day tomorrow have a a very lovely day!

Mandy

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious photo and your layout is lovely! Love the colors and a lovely take on this sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure perfection, Mandy! Such a beautiful way to capture that priceless photo! My fave of all our entries ;). Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Mandy! I love this page!! The picture and the layout are awesome!! And this song!!! just perfect for your little one!! Thank you so much for joining us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy - this page is so lovely too! What a stunner and that title and words are so appropriate. Your older daughter might have a career in photography coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandy - this page is so lovely too! What a stunner and that title and words are so appropriate. Your older daughter might have a career in photography coming up!

    ReplyDelete