Sunday 1 July 2018

My Darling | Vicki Boutin

Hi friends!

Today I have a a new layout to share with you for the Vicki Boutin design team! This one is a very ‘girly’ page, featuring beautiful shades of pink and purple from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection. On this layout, I documented a photo of me with my youngest daughter Eleanor, and I wanted to journal about how proud I am of the little person that she is. 

Over the past few weeks, I’ve been having so much fun playing along with the Junque Journal Summer Camp prompts, and so I thought this week, that I would show you how I transfer the techniques that I’m practising in my junque journal, onto a scrapbook layout. So to create the background for this page, I used the exact same techniques and method that I used to create the junque journal spread that I shared here on Vicki’s blog last week (the one titled ‘Selfies’). 

Here’s a look at my layout… 


This is how I created my background… 

I started off with a sheet of the Vicki Boutin Foundations Paper, and I primed it with gesso first, before adding any of the mediums. 

Next I applied some Vicki Boutin matte acrylic gel through the circle stencil using a palette knife. This added some great texture to the background behind where I wanted to add my watercolour. 

Once that was dry, I applied the art crayon over the top using the ‘kissing’ technique. To get the colours that I wanted, I mixed the art crayons together on the plastic packaging with a little water. I love the bright shades of pink and purple! 

Lastly I added some stamping using the circle stamps and Color Wheel pigment inks. 

I love how this background turned out! 


Once I was finished with my background, I was ready to add my photo and embellishments! I matted my photo with the reverse side of the Birds of a Feather patterned paper and adhered it using craft foam for added dimension. I created my title using a combination of the foam and chipboard Thickers from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection, and then added a beautiful die cut butterfly above the title. 


I created a floral cluster under the top left hand corner of the photo using die cuts from the collection, and I also added a little chipboard banner from the Finishing Embellishments pack on the top corner of the photo. 


To balance out the main photo cluster, I created a smaller one down in the bottom right hand corner of the layout. This cluster includes another floral die cut, and a label, which I adhered using craft foam. I used this to add my journaling to. I finished the page off with a couple of gold glitter hearts from the foam Thickers pack, to tie in with the gold that I’d used in the title. 

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my layout! If you’d like to see how it came together, you can check out my process video over on my YouTube channel… 


Supplies Used: 
Foundations Paper 
Gesso 
Acrylic Gel Matte 
Art Crayons #1 – Warm 
Art Crayons #2 – Cool 
Color Wheel Pigment Inks – Warm Tones 
Stencils 
Stamps & Dies – Set 3 
Waterbrushes 
Brushes 
Thickers – Alpha/B&W Chipboard 
Thickers – Phrase/Glitter Foam 
Cardstock Die Cuts – Icons 
Cardstock Die Cuts – Frames 
Self-Adhesive Finishing Embellishments 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Birds of a Feather 


No comments:

Post a Comment