Tuesday 15 May 2018

Life is Good | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi friends!

Today I have a new layout to share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring the gorgeous Bohemian Dream collection! This is definitely one of my favourite collections from Cocoa Vanilla Studio - I just keep coming back to it again and again! I was lucky to be able to attend the CVS retreat earlier this month, and this was one of the layouts that I created over the weekend. I documented a recent selfie of my youngest daughter and I...


I started my layout off by layering some strips of patterned paper across the page. The patterned papers that I used were...
Abstract (reverse side)

I also matted my photo with the reverse side of the Gypsy Heart patterned paper and I tucked the piece that says 'You were born to Shine' under the bottom edge of the photo. (I cut this piece out of the Boho Bits patterned paper). I adhered my photo using craft foam, which helped it to really stand out against those patterned papers and gave it some lovely dimension.

To the right of the photo I added my title, and I also created a pretty cluster of embellishments around the photo. For the title I used a combination of puffy alphabet stickers from my stash and one of the chipboard titles. The floral die cuts in this collection are so beautiful, and I added quite a few of them to this layout. To finish off the cluster to the right of the photo, I added a flair button and a couple of chipboard stickers.


I created a second cluster up in the top left hand corner of the page. This one includes another floral die cut and a chipboard sticker. You can also see here that I added some subtle texture and interest to the page by applying some texture paste through a stencil.


I created a final cluster down in the bottom right hand corner of the page, which gives the layout a diagonal flow, drawing the viewer's eye from the top left, down to the bottom right. This cluster includes a couple more die cuts, and you can see that I used some foam tape to adhere one of the elements in the cluster. I love the dimension that this adds!


I finished the layout off with a few little enamel hearts from the collection.

Thanks so much for joining me on my blog today! I hope that you've enjoyed taking a look at my layout, and that you've found some inspiration!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment